Wiki - SpaceCenter
Lyndon B Johnson Space Center
Seeing as it's so close, I wondered how easy it is to get to the facility to enjoy a visit round. The website (link below) contains lots of info about the exhibits, costs and the like, but doesn't give anything that I would consider useful about getting from Houston city centre to the Space Center itself, such as trains or buses between the two. For out-of-towners, pointing to Google Maps isn't helpful. So, can anyone local, or who has been, add any useful information or links that could help.
from Debbie Campbell (Houston local)
You can make reservations, or you can call for same-day service. Note that the Kemah Boardwalk has free live music on Thursday(?) evenings. So, one could conceivably do Space Center Houston during the day and then hit the Kemah Boardwalk on the way back to UH. (But expect it to be *HOT*.)
Yellow Cab Houston: www.yellowcabhouston.com
Estimated Distance: 22.76 miles
Estimated Fare: $49.30 (one way)
- FOUR passengers can ride for the price of ONE.
- Serving Greater Houston and the Clear Lake area, 24 hours a day, every day.
- Cabs are clean, comfortable late model sedans and minivans. All cabs are equipped with digital cameras.
- Taxi reservations accepted, hourly rates available upon request.
- All major credit cards accepted.
Unfortunately this didn't happen :(
- Dan Magnuszewski (magnachef) (Oberholtzer Hall) - I'm interested. My flight is set to arrive at IAH at 11:17 am Sunday.
- Mike Fragassi (frag) (Oberholtzer Hall) - Definitely, even if it's only for a few hours. I arrive IAH at 12:30.
- Faber Fedor (faber) (Cuellen Oaks Apts.) - I'm interested and I'm here.
- Mark P Sullivan (Oberholtzer Hall) - I'm interested. My flight should arrive at IAH at 1:19pm Sunday.
- Karsten Dahms (Hilton Hotel) - I'm interested. My flight should arrive at IAH at 10:51am Sunday.
As the above trip didn't happen, if people are staying after Wednesday and are not attending the master classes, if you would like to join José and I (Barbie), please add your name below. We will try and arrange a time during the conference, although around 12pm would be good.
Last modified: 06/27/07 11:11 PM by Ivor Williams (ivorw)