YAPC North America will be held in Orlando, FL on June 23-25th 2014.
We expect to have approximately one hundred (100) sessions across four (4) tracks. We expect over four hundred (400) attendees. In addition there will be professional tutorials and hackathons in the days prior to and following the main conference.
The conference theme is “¡Viva Perl!” We’re interested in hearing about your talks on these topics:
- Practical Applications of Perl
- Perl Success Stories
- The Future of Perl (Perl 6, p5-mop, gPerl, p2)
- Culture and Society
We will accept the following session types:
- Short Talks (20 minutes)
- Standard Talks (50 minutes)
- Full Session (80 or 110 minutes)
To submit a proposal for a talk/presentation, please register your proposed title and an abstract.
Submissions are due before midnight (23:59 EST) on February 15th 2014. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis, but no later than 2 weeks from the end of the call. If your proposal is accepted, you will be expected to confirm within 48 hours of the end of the call (or your notification) that you in fact will give the talk; otherwise we may, at our discretion, assign your slot to another proposal.
If you have something which does not fit the formats listed please feel free to contact us anyway and we will evaluate it.
Please include the following with your abstract(s):
- A little information about yourself (and possibly an link to an image of your choosing - preferably of yourself).
- The expected minimum level of knowledge of your target audience (Beginner (2 years or less Perl experience), Intermediate (3 to 5 years perl experience), Advanced (5+ years perl experience))
- An indication of the length of the presentation.
- A listing of any requirements you might have for doing your presentation. We will try to accommodate your request. Projectors and internet connection will be available for all talks.
We will be filming presentations. If you are not interested in being filmed during your presentation, please let us know in advance.
We cannot offer much for your lecture, except:
- Free admittance
- A chance to meet a lot of smart, fun Perl people
- The great love that being a speaker receives from said smart, fun Perl people.
If you have any special requests which have to do with fee and payment please contact us at email@example.com.
Due to their impromptu nature, the call for Lightning Talks will open at a later time. You may submit Lightning Talks at this time, but there is no guarantee on notification of their acceptance at this time.
Thank you; we hope you will participate either as a speaker or as an attendee.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.